On Saturday, September 30th, come to the city to celebrate the West Side. (The best side, to certain locals. Like us.)
The West Side Fest promises a free day of cultural experiences--everything from no-pay admission to museums, art-making activities, live music and dance performances, and more. Over 19 parks, museums, cultural institutions and performing arts centers are joining in, intent on celebrating all the wonderful things the west side has to offer.
- Free admission at The Whitney, Poster House (a museum dedicated to the design and cultural impact of posters), and the Rubin Museum of Art.
- Art-making activities on Little Island.
- A poetry reading on the High Line.
- A music-filled evening block party at multi-media space The Shed.
- A puppet show at the Westbeth Artists Residence.
- A film festival at The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center.
- The Submerge Marine Science Festival at Pier 84 in Hudson River Park.
- A rehearsal with Rattlestick Playwrights Theater at the West Village Rehearsal Co-op.
There's all that, plus a lot more.
And did we mention that it's all free? Yes, New York can be expensive, but it doesn't have to be, if you know what you're doing.
To find out more, head to the fest's website and join their mailing list.
Image via VirtisusiStock