Hi folks! The parade turns 93 this year, and certainly won't look it! Here's some info for all of you:
- It starts at 9 a.m. and runs until noon, and begins at 77th St. and Central Park West and heads down to it's home at Macy's Herald Square.
- Probably the best viewing spots are on Central Park West (form 75th to 59th Sts.) and 6th Avenue (from West 59th to West 38th Sts.)
- You can expect about a dozen marching bands hailing from high schools and universities all over the country.
- Performers will include Celine Dion, Ciara, Idina Menzel, Lea Michele, 80s pop star Debbie Gibson, the cast of Sesame Street, The Alvin Ailey Dance Company, the Big Apple Circus.
- And the most important pat...the balloons! There's a new Astronaut Snoopy, Green Eggs & Ham, Smokey the Bear (he's been grounded a few years) and Spongebob Squarepants balloons. Old favorites Chase from Paw Patrol, Olaf from Frozen, Elf on a Shelf, the Grinch, and Pikachu will also be floating above your heads. Oh, and of course the Pillsbury Doughboy. Can't have the parade without him!
The weather won't be that cold (a high of 57 degrees), but it may be windy and if it is, the powers that be are going to ground some of the bigger balloons for safety reasons. (Fingers crossed!)
For more info head to Macy's.
Image via Andrew Dallos/Flickr