Yes, Eastern Standard Time is returning this weekend, so we need to get used to those dark mornings and pre-six o'clock sunsets. The upside: time is falling back an hour, so we have a whole 60 minutes more to play:
1. There's only one weekend left to catch the Guggenheim's Basquiat Defacement: The Untold Story. Defacement is a painting created by Basquiat concerning black identity in an overwhelming white art world.
2. The weather promises to be cool, but sunny. Head into our backyard, Washington Square Park, grab a dosa from the Dosa Man, and listen to the buskers do what they do best.
3. Haven't been to the Brooklyn Museum? It's New York's third largest museum, has a whole wing devoted to the latest in feminist art and is free the first Saturday night of the month!
4. Try to score last-minute tickets to Madama Butterfly and La Bohéme at the Metropolitan Opera!
5. And finally, get thee to the Marathon!
mage via Wally Gobetz/Flickr